Chef Luis Guzman
Luis Guzmán brings more than 25 years of culinary experience to Serafina Beach Hotel. Chef Guzmán utilizes his extensive fine dining background & Puerto Rican roots to create dishes that showcase local ingredients and indigenous flavors, fused with Serafina’s Italian roots. As part of the opening team, Chef Guzmán initially served as our Sous Chef. As Head Chef, he will be spearheading the culinary teams at our three exquisite dining options: aMare, PiñaCo, & By the Pool.
Boneless Short Rib
- Marinate boneless short rib for 24 hours in Cabernet, rosemary, thyme, and mirepoix (mix of celery, onions, and carrots).
- Bread in all-purpose flour.
- Pan seare in a roasting pan and add the marinade juices.
- Braise for 3 to 4 hours until tender.
- Chicken Broth
- White Wine
- Sauté shallots, onions, thyme, white wine, butter, and chicken broth.
- When boiling, gradually add polenta.
- Mix consistently until you acquire desired consistency.
Red Wine Sauce
- Red Grapes
- Sauté shallots, garlic, Cabernet, and Barolo in a pan.
- Add veal stock and short rib marinade, and simmer to reduction.
- Strain and add butter to thicken.
- Sauté vegetables in white wine and butter.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.