Chef Ruben Guzman
The aMare Branzino Al Sale is an ancient recipe. Mediterranean Sea raised fresh Sea Bass is prepared baked in a dry Herb & Sea Salt Mix. The dry mix creates a crust which keeps the fish moist. Unknown to most, when salt is heated in dry heat, the fish will only absorb the amount that it needs to be light and flavorful. The crust is then opened and the Bass is presented with Extra Virgin Olive Oil of the best quality and fresh lemon. Enjoy the dish with mashed fingerling potatoes roasted in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Rosemary and a Crisp Arugula Salad.
Serves: 3 to 4 people
1 cup Israeli couscous
12 oz. chicken thighs, medium diced
2 oz. chicken breast, medium diced
½ cup sofrito
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon salt
½ cup vegetable oil
1½ cups chicken stock with a pinch saffron
- Stuff the Branzino with the sliced lemon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and adjust consistency with the egg whites, should bind together when pressed inside your hand without breaking apart or egg white being squeezed out.
- In a lined baking sheet, spread a thin layer of salt and place the fish on top. Cover the fish completely with the remaining salt.
- Bake in a 350 Fahrenheit oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the salt crust, peel the skin, debone and remove the bloodline.
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Fingerling Potatoes (14 each)
- 4 Rosemary Sprigs (2 each)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 Ounces)
- Salt To Taste
- In a lined baking sheet, roast the potatoes in a 350 Fahrenheit oven until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Once cool, smash the potatoes about 1 cm thick. Add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste with salt.
- Return to the oven and cook until golden and has absorbed the oil. About 10 minutes.